Wednesday, July 18, 2012

L is for LAUGHTER!

Who doesn't love to laugh? Actually, a lot of people don't....and those people generally get on my nerves. But I think it's safe that I'm certainly not one of them. I love to laugh...so bring on the funny.

I grew up around laughter. Everyone in my family loved to laugh. My Mamaw had a very distinct high pitched laugh and even during her final days when she was at her worst...she found something to laugh about. Albeit there were times when what she laughed about was not always appropriate...she never lost her ability to laugh.


I think it's safe to say that I got that trait from her. Even on the worst days of my laugh I have found something worth laughing about. I think laughter is the gasoline for life and helps keep you charged.  And if you don't believe me....let the anecdotal evidence speak for itself. Phyllis Dillard, Bop Hope, George Burns....they didn't exactly live the healthiest lifestyles but they sure did live for a long time. Personally, I think it's because they lived, laughed, and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment