Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 5: Friends Forever....

The fifth challenge on this jaunt down memory lane for me, is to thank my best friends. Although, when it comes to friendship, I think quality definitely outweighs quantity. The older I get and the more trips around the sun that I make, I realize the importance of having good friends to lean on and turn to when I need it the most. I am very fortunate to have made such good friends along my journey in life. Friends that answer the phone even when it's too late for a phone and will indeed tell me when my pants, in fact, do make me look fat. These girls are my inner circle and mean the absolute world to me.

There is my friend Jennifer who was one of the first friends that I made when my road through life lead me to Lafayette. From somewhere around 1999, we have shared secrets, laughter, heartbreaks, joy,tears, and random road trips to places both near and far. Thanks Jen for always being the best listener!


There is my friend Candice, who has made some potentially boring moments in life super exciting. We never fail to make each other laugh. If I was ever going to have to share a $15 biscuit with anyone, I'm glad that it was you.  I promise you this Candice, one day we're going to take this show on the road!

There is my friend Magen who is always up for trying something new, even though we decide that we're going to try something and then realize why we weren't doing it in the first place. Magen, you are always a phone call or text away when I need it the most!


There is my friend Doris. We have shared so many fun times together and have the same wicked (and sometimes off color) sense of humor. We share everything from secrets to random people watching episodes. Thanks for always sensing when I need a pick-me-up and sending my that funny e-card that somehow reflects an experience that we've had. 

There is also family that is like friends.  My older sister and I are just about as opposite as you can get (except for being died hard members of the Big Blue Nation, DMB wannabe groupies, and boy band fanatics). Although the road through our teenage years was a bit of a bumpy ride, we made it, and now we can't get enough of each other. You're an awesome big sister, but having you as a friend is just an added bonus!

My mom is no exception to this rule. Our paths and experiences through life are so parallel at times, that is sometimes can seem unreal. We talk almost everyday, share jokes and secrets, and catch up on the latest reality TV. It's a shame we don't have matching bracelets or something, you know like a BFFs type of thing. Regardless...you're the best and I'm glad that you're mine!

Just as there is family that are like friends, there are friends that are like family. About four and a half years ago I was a supervising teacher for an early intervention intern. I was told that we were placed together because they though we'd be a good match. This person turned out to be my friend Dana who has become one of the closest people to me. Our working relationship quickly developed into a bond that built it's foundation on advice, venting, people watching, and coffee. We're "Peas and Carrots 2.0" 



There is one more I'd like to add. My friend Erin (who I can't find any pics with. We need to change that). You are my intellectual soul sister and I am so glad I have you to have "discussions" with. And since we have no pics, I found an ecard that I find fitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment