"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to accept the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Day 3: Highway to the comfort zone...
My third challenge along this blogging journey to tell you the story of me in 31 days is to let you in on the things that make me uncomfortable. We all have a comfort zone...and when we leave it, it's nothing pretty. I consider myself to be pretty outgoing, so things like public speaking and getting up in front of a crowd of strangers just doesn't bother me. To be honest, I sort of like being the center of attention. However, there are things that do take me out of my comfort zone and make me feel less than stellar. Let me put it to you this way....I am not Jeremy Piven in Entourage....I do not like to "Hug it out". Sure, I don't mind exchanging an embrace with my family or a close friend. But if you really want to know what gives me the heebie jeebies...it's when someone who is an acquaintance, I don't know that well, or haven't seen in a while....comes up and hugs me. Lame. I know. But it just makes me feel weird. But, at the end of the day, I guess that's what helps to make the world go round....that we all have just a little bit of weirdness inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment