Monday, September 6, 2010

My Bucket List

With 30 looming on the horizon, it has really made me look at my own mortality. It's not that I think that I'm going to shrivel up and die once I hit the Big 3-0. It's just that it makes me realize how precious our time here on Earth is. After all, these 30 years have flown by faster than I would have ever imagined. It seems like only yesterday my PaPaw was walking me home from kindergarten. And here I am.

I have also realized that there are so many things out there that I want to see and do before I die. And if I don't write them down make the list immortal in cyberspace, I may never do them all. So here it is: Katie's Bucket List

1. Go skydiving. I can't really explain it. It is just something that I have always wanted to do; free falling through the sky and landing in nature. I can't think of anything more exhilarating and peaceful all at the same time.

2. Visit Australia. As far back as I can remember, I have always wanted to go to this country. I am fascinated by all it has to offer. It has such a vast array of people that extend from city goers to Aborigines.

3. Take a road trip to no where. Half the fun of traveling is getting there. Well, I say double your fun and make the whole trip about getting there! I just want to get in the car with nothing but a fun friend, good tunes, and my GPS and set out to NO WHERE! I think it's a wonderful way to experience life, culture, and our wonderful country!

4. Learn to scuba dive. Ever since my dad rented me Free Willy to watch on a snow day when school was canceled, I have been fascinated with marine life. I would love to one day be at one with them. Experience their world.

5. Visit NYC with my mom. My mom and I have both visited NYC on separate occasions and both have a love affair with the city. However, we have not been there together. We talk about it all the time, and one day, it will happen! I envision us going to the statue of liberty and visiting Ellis Island and walking through the same gates her great-grandfather came through when he came over from Ireland. I can't wait to see a Broadway show with her and eat a gourmet cupcake in Times Square. Hell, we might even dance the night away in Harlem!

6. Have Something Published. I have always had a passion for writing. It has something that I have enjoyed since I was a kid. Not sure why. I have always found at as a means of relieving stress and worries from my head. And although having your mother and friends tell you you have a knack for writing, nothing would make me prouder than to have something I created, published, for the world to see. And nothing would mean more to me than to have people, who have nothing invested into my life, to pick it up and enjoy what I have to write about.

7. Visit Every State in the United States. Although I have been to many different states, I want to see them all before I leave this world. I truly believe that we live in the greatest country on the planet. And I want to see every wonderful and different people, place, thing, food, and fun that it has to offer.

8. Go On A Game Show. I feel like I've already been cheated out of this one. When I was in college I tried out for college week on "Wheel of Fortune" and I made it all the way to the final and didn't get picked. But I WILL redeem this one day. I have a few games shows I would like to go on, but other than that I'm not picky about which one. However, I would prefer Wheel (if they'll have me this time), Price is Right, Let's Make a Deal, or Press Your Luck (if it ever comes back on!).



Skyline Chili
Cincinnati
2008

No comments:

Post a Comment