Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Living Out Loud

Today is a special day. Today is Erin Krielow Lahr's 30th birthday. Although she is celebrating from a better place, I believe that she still celebrates. She celebrates by watching over her mother and giving her strength. She celebrates by watching over her brother and his family. She celebrates by giving me the courage to live out loud.

Although I never met her in person, I feel like I have know Erin for a lifetime. She is one of those people who was never afraid to live out loud. She was a proud member of the LSU band and wasn't afraid to to be a go getter in what many consider to be a "man's career". She set goals for herself ad went after them without a second though. She loved life and lived it to the fullest. Physically, she is no longer with us, but she is still with us in her spirit everyday.

Erin would not have been afraid to hit 30. She would embrace it with open arms and simply view it as a new adventure in life.

Bless you Erin for inspiring me to "Live Out Loud" as I approach 30.

ERIN KRIELOW LAHR MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
LSU Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Attn. Ms. Trisha Sims
3418 Patrick Taylor Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Checks to LSU Foundation
Memo:Erin Krielow Lahr Memorial Scholarship

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful tribute to my precious daughter that I miss so terribly. Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete