Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Mamaw!

Today marks the day of what would have been my Mamaw's 87th birthday. It was on this day, that many years ago that she made her arrival in Clarksville, TN. it was her arrival that paved the way for me. It was the beginning of her journey through adventures with her sisters, chasing dreams, falling in love, raising a family, and becoming a MaMaw. Her feet left this world with her, but her footprints are in my heart forever.
MaMaw in the middle with her brother Bubba and sister Lucille


There are so many things that I wish that I could tell her. Things like that sometimes on Sundays around 3 in the afternoon, I wish that I could pick up the phone and talk to her like we always did on Sundays around 3. I wish that she knew that I have a new teaching job this year and I could tell her about how much I love it. I want to tell her that sometimes when mom and I are watching a trashy reality show simultaneously and texting about how awful some people are, that we always mention how MaMaw would have gotten a laugh out of it too. I wish that I could tell her that I've tried really hard to make white gravy the way she told me how, but I realize that it's hard to imitate perfection. Most of all, I hope she knows how grateful I am that she came into this world 87 years ago and that every time I see a rainbow, I think of her and know, that some how, she is thinking of me too.




No comments:

Post a Comment