Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Evolution of a Blog=The Evolution of Me

As far back as I can remember, I've always enjoyed writing. I find it a stress free way to share my thoughts and feelings with myself and with the world when I choose to do so. I write all the time (more than most people realize it). If I ever kick the bucket early, chances are I'll be like Anne Frank in the sense that people will find my journals all over the place (for some reason I don't keep just one. I have tons of notebooks, pads, and journals that I have written in over the years).

When I first set out with this blog about a year ago, it's only purpose was to document my 29th year. However, it has evolved into much more than that. It has become my link to the rest of the world to share my thoughts, feelings, memories, hopes, and dreams. In writing and keeping up with this blog, I've feel like I have reinvented myself. I have found out more of who I am, who I was, and who it is I want to be. However, I am no where near done evolving. I believe that there is always room for change and room for improvement.

A year ago, I was literally terrified of turning 30. It scared the Hell out of me. For some reason, I had this notion that your 20s were the time in your life when it was OK to be silly and live for the day and that when I hit 30 I was going to be old and have to give up "childish" things. However, blogging has helped me to reflect on the past, present, and future. And in doing so, I have realized that turning 30 is just another bump in the road and there is a lot more living left to do. Although I've done a lot and lived to tell about it, I plan on doing much more. I'm no longer going to worry about what I perceive as the social norms of what I should be doing at this stage in my life. Rather, I'm going to live in the moment and cherish each day.

The other day I was thinking if I would have to change the name of my blog after my birthday. And after thinking, I realized that if it were not for "Katie's 20s Farewell Tour" I might not be as ready to turn 30. I will keep the title, keep up with it, and watch it evolve alongside me!



NCAA Tournament
NOLA 2010
GO BIG BLUE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment