About 3 months ago my older sister, Kellie (or Dr. Woodling as our mom likes to call her) called me up and asked me if I would go to Vegas to see Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, her gift to me for hitting the big 2-9. Pretty much, a great big Hell yeah was in order. I mean, why would I say no.....
So this past weekend, off we went. It was an adventure from the moment I got to the Lafayette airport. First of all we were suppose to leave at 6:25 am. Well, at 6:15 no one had showed up to the counter to tell us to board our plane. Next, some crazy lady who was on the flight, took it upon herself to pick up the phone at the ticket counter and call someone to tell them we needed to get on our plane. When we finally go onto the plane, guess who was in my seat, the crazy lady. Next, the flight attendant proceeded to tell us all to be quiet, that she wouldn't talk over us, and that if we missed our connections it wasn't her fault.....nice. Well, after running through the airport, I finally made my connection.
Vegas was awesome, and Dave was sensational as usual. There is just something about his music that mesmerizes me. He even played few of my favorites such as Two Step, Loving Wings, and You and Me. However, Dave was high as a kite, but put on a terrific show none the less. And Tim Reynolds was a genius......listening to the two of them play is almost like being on a natural high.
While I was there, I realized that being "almost 30" really isn't that bad. And everywhere I went to drink, I was carded and told I didn't look old enough to drink. I was thinkin', I'm on the edge of 30 buddy.....
Anyway, many thanks to my sister and I can't wait to see what my next adventure will be.....
No comments:
Post a Comment