"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to accept the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Friday, October 23, 2009
20s: The definition of my life....
I recently began to realize, that after next month, I will have less than a year of my 20s left and it all seems so surreal. It has inspired my to embark on my 20s Farewell Tour (I can not take credit for this title....my dear friend Candice came up with it and I must give her some mad props for it: WOOF!). When I was younger, my 20s seemed like they were a lifetime away....and now I've gone through them faster than a starving dog would go through a can of Alpo. I just find it so hard to believe.....in a little over a year I will hit the Dirty Thirty. While realizing that my 30s are quickly approaching, I look forward to them with delight, but have done a lot of reflection on the things that my 20s brought to me. I have learned so much and done so much that I can hardly take it all in. In this decade of my life I have learned how to be independent and that sometimes you just don't feel like you want to drive anywhere. I have learned that boys are still gross, but there are still a few good men. I have learned who my friends are and are not, and that drama just isn't worth the energy that it requires from you. I plan soak it all in over the next year, reflect on the good times, and look forward to the ones that are even better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey...the 30's aren't so bad:)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they will be...I just want to say goodbye to my 20s in style!
ReplyDelete